The IMMIGRANT & MULTICULTURAL SERVICES SOCIETY of PRINCE GEORGE, in partnership with ASPECT, is proud to bring you the new and improved provincial Skills Connect for Immigrants program.
Skills Connect is now open to clients who may not have high school level education or work experience as well as those with higher levels of education and experience. Whether you have skills or experience or need to acquire skills before seeking employment, we look forward to helping you.
Our program provides an individual approach, tailored to meet your needs.
– You became a permanent resident of Canada within the last 5 years, and;
– You are unemployed or underemployed; and
– Have an intermediate level of English language proficiency
If you’re eligible, we will provide:
– Assessments for language, qualifications and training requirements;
– Career counselling and career planning services;
– Job seeking skills and support i.e. resumes and interview techniques;
– An introduction to Canadian workplace culture;
– Training funds for language, upgrading or job specific skills training;
– Assistance with regulating bodies or certification;
– Networking and help finding employment opportunities.
80% of the participants who completed this program have found a meaningful employment. Others have had skills upgrading and training to set them firmly on their career path. Will you be our next success story?
For more information on how to get started with the Skills Connect for Immigrants Program,
please contact us at:
Immigrant & Multicultural Services Society of Prince George
Phone: (250) 562 – 2900 � Fax: (250) 563 – 4852
� Toll Free: 1 – 877 – 562 – 2977
“The BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program is part of the WelcomeBC umbrella of services,
made possible through funding from the Government of Canada and the Provinceof British Columbia.”