Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I need information on English programs for landed immigrants.
Answer: The LINC program is a free, basic English training program for adult newcomers. Contact us to register for the classes.
2. I need help getting a job.
Answer: IMSS provides employment programs and services suited to individual needs at no cost to clients. Contact us for more information.
3. Do you have English classes for citizens or international students/visitors?
Answer: Contact us for more information
4. I’m on EI/Income Assistance and I need skills training. Where do I go?
Answer: Visit the nearest WorkBC Employment Services Centre for assistance.
5. I’m a new immigrant. I have family problems. Who can help me?
Answer: Contact a Settlement Practitioner and they can refer you to community resources to help.
6. I would like to get Canadian work experience.
Answer: Volunteering is a great way to gain local work experience. Contact Volunteer Prince George for the list of opportunities. Also, contact our Employment/Settlement Practitioner.
7. How can I become a Canadian citizen?
Answer: Check the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at www.cic.gc.ca or phone IRCC centre 1-888-242-2100 for applications.As well as register for our Information workshops on citizenship process or the Preparation Test sessions (Contact us for more information).
8. How do I sponsor my family?
Answer: Check the Citizenship, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at www.cic.gc.ca or phone IRCC centre 1-888-242-2100 for applications. If you need help to fill the forms, contact our Settlement Practitioner.
9. I want to apply for a passport or other travel document.
Answer: Call the Passport Canada office at 1-800-567-6868 or download the form here.
10. How do I obtain a work permit/study permit?
Answer: Check the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at www.cic.gc.ca or phone IRCC centre 1-888-242-2100 for more information.
11. I want to work on my resume and do job search. Where can I go?
Answer: Contact our Employment/Settlement Practitioner.
12. I want to register my children into school.
Answer: Contact our SWIS worker.
13. I have seniors at home. What kind of services are available for them? Answer: Contact the IMSS – Women and Seniors Program coordinator to join the different activities designed for Seniors and women.
14. I have children at home. Are there any activities during the Pro-D days at school or during Summer season? Answer: Contact the IMSS Youth coordinator to join the summer and winter activities, as well as, in Pro-D days.